Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Octomom Feels Guilty About Having So Many Kids!

Nadya Suleman AKA The Octomom appeared on Oprah yesterday to clear up her decision to have 8 more children as the single unemployed mother of six!

She commented: “I feel as though I was so caught up with my own childish desires to compensate. I’ve always coveted that connection, that attachment to another being. And the connection felt safer with children than with a significant other, more predictable. The security—I was hungering for the security.”

Her comment on feeling any regret: “We’re surviving. We’re so busy going, going, going, moving, moving, moving, trying to keep up that you don’t have time to think, to reflect, to feel anything. And it is a choice. I own all of the responsibility for my poor choices in the past. Do I regret it? You can’t regret children. But the choices were childish. They were immature. They were selfish. Are we defined by our choices? Our behavior? Our actions? No. I don’t believe that defines our worth.“I feel as though I wasn’t thinking at that time. If I could go back, would I make different choices? Maybe. At this point, I know and I need to teach my children that we need to learn, we need to grow, we need to keep on growing and transcending, and we need to make the best possible choices. And when we make poor choices, all you can do is really, really learn from that and grow from that. Try not to repeat it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment